WHERE WE WORK
Since 2017, we’ve worked or assisted clients based in 17 countries across 5 continents, including Argentina, Ethiopia, France, Hungary, Ireland, Kenya, Malta, Namibia, Pakistan, South Africa, Sudan, Switzerland, Tanzania (Zanzibar), The Gambia, Uganda, the United Kingdom, and the United States
Introducing our association with Power Singh Inc.
Self-funding public interest projects and litigation and developing the private / public interest law model.
PORTFOLIO OF WORK
Learn about our recent and ongoing projects
- ALT Advisory provides ongoing advisory and project management support to the International Network of Civil Liberties Organisations (INCLO) (2017-present).
- ALT Advisory, together with the International Human Rights Clinic at the University of Chicago, Media Monitoring Africa, and Acacia Economics, is preparing a research report on internet in schools in South Africa (2018-2020).
- ALT Advisory provided advisory and technical support to the work of the UK Government Prosperity Fund on digital inclusion in South Africa (2018-2019).
- ALT Advisory provided technical support to Media Monitoring Africa and other stakeholders, including the Independent Electoral Commission of South Africa, to develop strategies to address the challenge of disinformation during the upcoming 2019 general election in South Africa (2019).
- ALT Advisory provided technical and research support to the Department of Social Affairs (DSA) of the African Union Commission (AUC) in the preparation of draft guidelines on the African Union Free Movement Protocol and compiled a draft legal and political framework for the Citizens and Diaspora Directorate (CIDO) of the AUC (2017-2019).
- ALT Advisory provided research support to UNESCO in the development of a toolkit for judiciaries in Africa on legal standards on freedom of expression (2018).
- ALT Advisory conducted a mapping analysis for an international technology company to ensure the better protection of the personal information of its users (2017-2018).
Percentage of time/income towards special (public interest) projects (what does this mean):
Developing international human rights law
Promoting rights-based technology innovation
Developing Africa’s digital rights landscape
Safeguarding information rights and privacy in Africa
WHAT WE DO
Assisting organisations with advisory, analysis, research, training, and technology services in the areas of public law, information rights, data privacy, emergent technology and social innovation