The Portfolio Committee on Communications has issued a call for nominations to fill three vacancies of non-executive members to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation Limited (SABC).
The deadline for nominations is Friday, 15 June 2018 at 16h00. Nominations must be addressed in writing to:
- Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma
- Email: [email protected]
As set out in the call for nominations, members of the SABC Board, when viewed collectively, must be persons who:
- Are suited to serve on the SABC Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism, entertainment and education, social and labour issues;
- Are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and accountability on the part of those holding public office;
- Represent a broad cross-section of the population of South Africa;
- Are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the Charter of the SABC;
- Are South African citizens permanently resident in South Africa.
Nominations must contain at least the following information: (i) the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination; (ii) the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination; (iii) the nominee’s curriculum vitae (including the nominee’s full name, identity number, gender, contact details and previous experience); (iv) certified copies of the nominee’s academic qualifications and identity document.
The call for nominations is accessible here.
Please note: The information contained in this note is for general guidance on matters of interest, and does not constitute legal advice. For any enquiries, please contact us at [email protected].