The Independent Electoral Commission of South Africa (the Commission) has called for comment on the Regulations regarding represented political party funding (proposed Regulations), in terms of section 24(2) of the Political Party Funding Act, 2019.
The proposed Regulations address, amongst other things:
- Establishment of the Multi-Party Democracy Fund;
- Requests for non-disclosure by contributors;
- Prohibited uses of funds;
- Disclosure of donations received by political parties;
- Publication of donations;
- Submission of documents and information to the Commission.
Interested parties have 21 days from the date of publication of the call for comment, which was published on 1 March 2019. Submissions should be emailed to Mr N. Rampershad at [email protected].
The call for comment and proposed Regulations are accessible here.
Please note: The information contained in this note is for general guidance on matters of interest, and does not constitute legal advice. For any enquiries, please contact us at [email protected].